Friday, November 22, 2013

Update

The latest on the kids we hope are our kids is that their case worker really likes us. We were supposed to find out right before Thanksgiving if we get them or not, but now that decision has been pushed back 2 weeks. :( The good part is, they really like us on their end. The caseworkers, that is. We are waiting from a call from the independent party that represents the family. I guess they want someone who will objective when they convene for their committee meeting to decide if the kids can be placed with us. Supposedly the call was to be done before the end of the month, but I'm not holding out much hope for that, since the end of the month is next Friday and Thanksgiving is in the middle of that. So, we wait. Our caseworker is trying to get a more definite time frame for when they will be contacting us, but she hasn't heard yet. The caseworker for the kids is hoping that a decision will be made mid-December. I'll believe it when I see/hear it. Once we get approval from their "committee" and then from each state, we will be able to contact the foster parents and the kids. Won't be able to bring them home until the end of January, but we will be able to contact them. I've stopped looking for new kids, I hope I'm not jinxing myself.

No comments: