Sunday, December 9, 2007

Frosty the advent calender!

I went into JoAnn Fabrics a few weeks ago and found this great advent calender thing. It had a snowman head and little pockets to put in this little something for each day before Christmas. Soooo cute, then I looked at the price tag!! 20 BUCKS!!!!!! Yeah right, I thought, there is no way I am paying 20$ for a piece of felt and fleece. Oh, wait, it's 50% off, uh, still not cheap enough. Me, being the bright individual that I am decided, hmmm, I could make this way cheaper than I can buy it. So I went around and collected all the necessary accesories for said snowman. Guess how much he cost...... I could make 6 of them for the price of one. Yes that would make them less than 2$ a piece. Oh, yeah. So this is how he turned out. The first one was a mess, and took lots of seem ripping to finally get him right. This is actually snowman number 2, he's much better than number 1, but I don't think the kids here will notice that the numbers are a little off in our house:) Number 2 also took LOTS less time to put together, cause I actually knew what I was doing on the second one, I had the process down. Now I just have to make 3 more! Oh, and the original one at JoAnn's, didn't have feet or hands, just a string coming from the back with an ornament type thing on it, to stick in the pocket. So, not only did I make it cheaper, I made it lots better! Yes, sorry, I am bragging. forgive me:) :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth Moon said...

Hey that's great! I love coming up with thrifty ways to do things. Very cool.