Sunday, April 13, 2008

Getting the garden started

The burgh is too darn cold! Well, for early gardening it is, anyway. I wanted to get the green peppers and tomatoes started inside. So on a nice day Abby and I went out on the porch and started planting. I really hate paying for food I can grow in my own backyard, so I'm hoping this works. I put green peppers in EVERYTHING. The last time i tried this I tried to harden them off too soon, and killed them all. not cool. Sean is talking about putting in some raised beds. Maybe if I beg really hard he will actually get it done for me! Ya think?! Here's the finished product. I actually included yellow squash and zucchini in with the peppers and tomatoes, altough I really didn't need to. But I figured it couldn't hurt. I'll be giving some plants away in a few weeks, because we will have too many! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

We've had our garden planted for several weeks now- it's been so warm already. We did have a frost warning on Sunday night so we covered everything up - what a pain! So far so good, but we're nervous about getting anything to grow this first year we try it!

shannon said...

Oh, how I want a garden....maybe next year. Take pics of your produce and I'll imagine, OK?

Amy G. said...

I wish I could get motivated enough to do this!