Sunday, April 27, 2008

More progress on the garden

Several sunny days are bery beneficial to my plants. The zucchini and squash are out of control and need to be planted in the ground. I'm working on that. Here are my peppers, the finally came up. I originally put 2 seeds in each little pot, but then they didn't come up. I thought the seeds were old and so I put some new seeds in the same pots. So now we have pepper plants out the yingyang:)
Sean actually found out that building a raised bed was actually cheaper in the long run than trying to fill the buckets that we have, and we could plant more stuff. So yesterday we picked up all the stuff to make it and this is what we have got so far.
Abby was a great help and she sure doesn't mind getting dirty, which she had to do to help.
The pvc pipe is for the chicken wire that we will have to put over the top of the garden. We have a bunch of marauding, pillaging, destructive, violent....deer:) There are 7 that we know of that work on destroying any edible plant within the neighborhood.

1 comment:

Amy G. said...

i love that you garden! i want to get into that some day!