Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I have several....

Collections it seems :) Besides my trees that I put up every year, I have another collection that seems to be growing. My nativity scenes. This is the first one that I got when I was first out of college and had my own place. Yes, these are Native Americans and they are in a teepee. This is the second one I have acquired. My sister Amy got it for me when she was on cruise in Mexico. Cool, eh? I actually got the building part from Target when it was 90% off and I only paid 2 bucks for it! But it goes well with the set.
Here's a little close up of Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus
This is the next in line. I'm glad my sis travels a lot, she got this from the Vatican while she was on a Mediterranean cruise. And this one. Sean noticed that I had inadvertently started a collection, so for Christmas he got me this. It's carved from an olive tree and was carved in Israel.
I think my sister needs to go on more cruises to get me different ones, or I need to go on some :)

2 comments:

Eva McGann said...

I wish I would have known this...I was in Africa a couple of years ago and bought two for myself there. If I go back again, I will bring you one from Uganda.

Amelia Hohl said...

Cool nativity sets. I love the few I have and I always want more, but is it possible to have too many? I've been to a few houses that are innundated with them around Christmas time and it's a little overwhelming. My mom also went to Mexico and brought me back a nativity set but when we set it up it was obviously a combination set and didn't even have a Joseph and we couldn't figure out who was who. After inspection I could tell they were two different sets mixed together. Then I went to visit my mom one Christmas and she had three sets that were way cuter than the one she gave me that had all the right pieces. It was then I realized that she had given me the worst set. Thanks a lot mom!