Saturday, September 25, 2010

Alaska: Fairbanks

I love my new job! Partly cause I get to go to Alaska and I've only worked there for a month. And partly cause this is EXACTLY what I went to school for and what I've wanted to do. So ya, I love my job! So this Alaska trip, could have been so much better if I had been driving :) But I was at the mercy of the two guys I work with and they had control of the rental car. sigh. The first day in Anchorage we saw nothing but fog. Complete bummer, since we found out that that night the northern lights were out. booo, we missed them cause of the fog. The second day we headed up to fairbanks, ya, that would be flew. There and back. In one day. yuck! After we finished with the meetings for the day our host, Brent, drove us around so we could see a little of the city/area. This is some musk oxen from the Large Animal Rescue S.....omething :) I can't remember what the S is for. The Trans Alaskan Pipeline. The section of the pipeline that is above ground and a tourist attraction. A tree left in a fire break. Thought it was a pretty cool picture. I have to say, Fairbanks is a pretty boring place scenic wise, when compared to Anchorage. It's pretty flat. The last two are pictures of melting permafrost. There are actually houses in the area that are sinking into the ground because the people built them on the permafrost. Smart, I must say :/

No comments: