Sunday, April 17, 2011

Last update, and more spring!!

So with the beginning of spring comes the flowers!! I love spring flowers, they give me hope that warmer weather is soon to arrive. ESPECIALLY around here!! ugh. Anyway. I almost planted my own spring flowers in the fall, but I remembered hearing something about not planting anything of your own for the first year you're in your new house, just so you know where all the flowers are. Glad I didn't plant anything yet. but now I know where to plant in the fall, so next spring I'll have lots more flowers than this. I guess these are mini tulips. Although the blasted rabbits munched on them, so I don't know if their stunted growth is due to that, or if they are genetically predisposed to be tiny. Either way, I love 'em.
And this would be what the little crappy rabbits did. Sorry peter cottontail, but ya gotta go! We put poison out for them, hoping they ate it and died. Ooops, did I say that out loud?!
For the damage the rabbits did, most of the tulips came up and are looking lovely. Actually the rabbits ate the ones on the other end, right in front of where the cats sit in the window and watch outside. Hmmmm, I wonder if the rabbits were harrassing the cats......

1 comment:

Amelia Hohl said...

Trixie!

I'm glad to see someone is growing something. I basically have lettuce and that's it. I'm moving in a week and a half to who knows where. I will miss you sweet sista!