Sunday, April 17, 2011

SPRING!!!!

Since we now have a house and can do whatever we want to it :) We want a garden!! A nice BIG one! Ha, well, as big as we can put on a corner lot. So last weekend we took a trip to Home Depot to get the frame for the garden. We have to protect it from the rabbits & the squirels. At least as far as I can tell that's all we have to protect them from. I haven't seen any deer wandering the neighborhood.....yet. We'll see if we have to take any more drastic measures once we get something to grow. We will till it next weekend, and also put up the fence. This weekend was too cold and rainy, and Sean was sick, so we decided to wait. This would be one of my pepper plants that I got started in the window. The awesome thing about our house is the amount of sun we get. I love it!!
Some tomato varieties. Some beefsteaks & Roma's. I'm not a big cherry tomato fan, so I saved time & money on those.

And this is a mallard (duh) down at the creek near our house. We went for a walk with the dog & they were in the creek, so I took some pictures.

1 comment:

Team Burtenshaw said...

I love gardens, and desperately miss being close to my dad's garden. I've had no luck w a garden here in the desert. ...yay for your green thumb!