Friday, June 20, 2014

Anticipation and anxiety, all rolled into one

We sold our house!
The inspection went ok. The report came to us at 10pm, after I was asleep, but Sean woke me up anyway. So after I heard what they wanted fixed I freaked out and couldn't get back to sleep until 3am. And really, they only wanted some minor things fixed. Well, minor except for having the roof vents replaced. grrr. So I'll be working on those tomorrow. Everyone thinks I'm crazy because I plan on doing them myself, unless someone comes over to help. Which is really dumb because I've put on a few roofs before. Not the vents themselves, but it's not like they are hard. seriously easiest job I'll have to do. eh, whatever. I just need it to not rain while I have it torn apart before I put the new ones on. The appraiser was there today, hopefully he will allow us to sell it for the price we want and not knock it down a few thousand. We can't afford that. Either way, we'll be selling it, so I guess it really doesn't matter.

As for Sean, he's getting better. The bad part is, he feels he's getting better and is now seriously bored and itching to do stuff. And he's driving me crazy! We see the orthopedic doctor on July 1 and hopefully he will tell Sean he can start doing physical therapy and other stuff so he can stop going nuts.
We have a place to live in Logan finally. We were going to head to Idaho, then come back & find a place to live and leave our stuff in storage for a little while. But then we decided that might not work. So we looked at finding a place on line from 3000 miles away. It sucks! The good part is that I have friends in Logan that are willing to look at places for us so we didn't get sold a box of rocks :) Our biggest problems were that A) we currently have 2 cats and B) we want to get a dog once we are there. We didn't need a big place, 2 bedrooms would have been fine, but the whole animal thing took it to a whole other level. And my animals are cleaner than some peoples kids!! Anyway. We thought we had a line on a place and had a friends check it out, her first words were, "It's gross" lol, guess we aren't getting that house. And for $800 a month I would expect central air, there wasn't any. And then someone tried to scam us using a legit house from another website. some people. So finally we found a decent place fairly close to campus that doesn't mind pets. We have to pay extra for the pets but we'll survive. And we will be able to get a dog once we are there. The only down side was we had to pay for an extra 2 weeks rent because they couldn't legally "hold" the property for us. Which is weird because another property I talked to said if we paid $100 toward the deposit it would hold the place for us... hmmmm

We are leaving in 10 days. It's crazy. We need to get all of our stuff out of our storage place, and put it somewhere in the house. Luckily most of the stuff in the house now is in boxes. We also gave a bunch of stuff away, so we no longer have enough furniture to fill a 4 bedroom, it's only 2 now. Which is good, cause that means the truck will be cheaper.

My anxiety was on overdrive because of the fixes we needed to make before we leave and finding a place to live and now making sure everything gets packed in the right place, and, and , and, and. Can't wait to get to Logan and unpack!!

I'll post some pics of the move once it happens. Then I get to post all kinds of pics of fun things we will be doing once we get to Logan. I am so excited to get out there.

1 comment:

Programas Windows Full said...

http://clixsensethekingofptcs.blogspot.com/2016/08/blog-post.html