Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bitten by the crafty bug....again

While subbing for the sewing teacher, sometime before Thanksgiving, I helped the class make this great bag. I just had to have the pattern. Luckily JoAnn Fabrics was having a pattern sale the next weekend. I love this bag and have made 2 of them. One for Christmas, out of brown corduroy and green holly/Christmas material, and I cut our the holly leaves from felt and sewed them on the front. The other bag, well, it's just an everyday thing. I used some gray wool and some red shirting with an oriental print. I added the strip around the outside all on my own. As my mom would say, I don't like to follow directions:) These bags are the perfect size for scriptures, so I get to show them off at church every sunday. Well, kinda, no one knows I made them, so I don't really show them off:) I'll probably have to make a few more before the year is through.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

very cute trixie! keep posting your projects!

Amy G. said...

way cute! i need to learn how to do that.