Saturday, January 5, 2008

Ice Skating at the park

What fun we had today! The girls wanted to go ice skating really bad. So I figured why not:) Even though temperatures were supposed to be in the 40's today, the ice rink at the park is frozen all winter long. Lucky us. Made for a less frozen experience. Abby had never been before, at least as far as she could remember. So this was were she spent most of her time! Poor girl's pants were soaked by the time we left!
After about an hour on skates she was getting the hang of it and was able to let go of the wall for longer periods of time.
And Sabrina was showing off! She has been a few times this winter and is steadier on her feet than Abby (who, you can see in the background on the right, hanging onto the wall) Sabrina was so excited that she could go a little ways with one foot in the air.
I wasn't quick enough with the camera. Sabrina did manage to fall twice, but I missed her:) They laughed when I wobbled a little bit on my skates, because I managed to stay up the entire time, even though I haven't been on ice skates in 5 years. I wasn't about to fall on purpose, just for their entertainment, I'm too old, and would probably have broken something!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

oh, thi looks like fun! and you're not old!