Thursday, January 31, 2008

Today was not a good day

If you don't want to be depressed, don't read:) Cause I'm depressed. kinda. Sad, disheartened, frustrated, angry, should i go on? I found out today yet another one of my friends is pregnant, and they've only been married 5 months. WHAT?!!!!! That puts the number up to 10!! WHY???? Life is so stinkin unfair. If you you are wondering what brings on this rant, Sean and I have been trying for 2 YEARS!!! Can we say frustrated? I'm so happy for those of my friends that have met with success in this venture:) Seriously, I am. But it's so incredibly hard to hear about it, over, and over, and over, and over, and over.... you get my drift. Meanwhile, we are still going to Dr.'s after Dr.'s and no one can figure out what is wrong. Luckily, other than being hypoglycemic, hormonely there is nothing wrong, at least in general. I'm just insane once a month:) And let me tell ya, that once a month pshychosis gets harder and harder to deal with as time goes by. 2 more tests to do before we just throw up our hands and say, "screw it, we're outta luck." Maybe we'll get lucky and they will figure it out, maybe my life sucks and they won't and we won't be able to have kids for 2 more years because we are poor and can't afford IVF, until I'm done with school and have a real job. Okay, maybe I should stop for now. My rant needs to be over, but I am having a really hard time dealing and I don't know what else to do, so I'm cyber dumping. There is a little hope out there for me, and I'm stuggling to hold on. At the temple, I was told I would have a baby, okay, that is good. I think He meant this life. Had a sonogram today, had follicles, so yep have eggs, that's a good sign, won't have to borrow anyones. Okay, SO WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG????!!!!!! AAAARGH, I hate this. Sean made the mistake one day of saying that maybe we were supposed to wait until I got done with school. Bad idea. I used our friends in Williamsburg that are all in law school as an example. Then asked, what, just because I'm the mom, I can't have a child while going to school? He hasn't brought that up again. Okay, I think I'm done now. Or at least I should be done, so I'm stopping now. Hopefully in a few months, I'll soon be able to send out good news, of a much happier sort:) Who knows, maybe Heavenly Father thinks I haven't learned the lesson I'm supposed to yet. I just wish I could get a hint on what it is I'm supposed to learn, so I can learn it quicker. Oy, vey:)

7 comments:

Amy G. said...

trixie, i'm so sorry. i've had many friends go through the same thing and some still going through it. i know i can't even really empathize...just know i'm thinking about you and hoping that it will all work out in the end. love you!
amy

Elizabeth Moon said...

I am so sorry for your pain. I wish there was something i could do...you are in my prayers.

Solipsists said...

I know exactly what you mean. My wife and I have been married a year and a half. We have been trying for at least 9 months. My stupid brother and his wife get pregnant 3 months after they got married, and they act like its no big deal. My wife is frustrated as hell.

Trixie said...

I have my good days, i have my bad days. When I wrote this, obviously, it was not a good day. Today is better, venting helps:) I have hope, it just gets lost in the frustration sometimes. We will get there, it's just going to take a little longer than most normal people:) But then, I never claimed to be normal!

Heather O. said...

The only way to get through it is to realize that what happens to other people isn't about you. I know, it sounds harsh, but I don't mean it that way. It just gets to the point where you feel like every good thing that happens to other people is some grand design to hurt YOU. Believe me, I've been there. But the people having babies aren't taking YOUR babies, they're just having babies. That's all. It's normal to have babies. When you are in the throes of dealing with infertility, it's easy to forget that.

So, am I saying you're a freak? Well, um, yeah, I guess I am (you said it first! :twisted: ). But I'm a freak too who has been there, and the only through it is just...through it. But know that you are not alone, ever. And having children is a righteous desire of your heart, and so it will come. I don't know how or when, but it will come.

Heather O. said...

Ok, that 'twisted' thing was supposed to give you a cute little devil emoticon. I guess it doesn't work with blogger? Hmmm...

KP said...

Wow, I know this is a past post but I just wanted to let you know I love you and I feel your pain. It's just despair and it comes from the untrue thoughts you make up about the "why" of it all and what it means about you and your future and your past, blah, blah, blah. I am a freak too. If we are confessing to such things (Thanks Heather O.). I get lost in negative oceans of doubt and fear, ah, but then, I remember. You now what I remember, cause you remember it too. You know where to go get the clarity that frees you to live. You powerful, lovely, brilliant woman. Blessed beyond belief. Love you, K