Monday, September 15, 2008

We live Where?

Last night I went to bed early, had to get up early to go to work. You know, that 4am thing:) But! I was woken up by the terrible wind that was blowing outside. It was after 10:30 before I finally got to bed. And this is what I woke up to this morning. This would be our front yard, it was 10 times worse in the back yard, but I forgot to take a picture. This is the neighbor's crab apple tree, or it was anyway. Part of it got blown down, not sure what they are going to do with the rest of it.

And this is another neighbors yard. They actually had 2 trees come down. There were several trees down, just in the 3 miles from the house to work. And power was out everywhere. The school kids got lucky, they had a 2 hour delay, if their school wasn't cancelled. And all this destruction... it came from Hurricane Ike. Yes, we live in the midwest and get hammered by 70mph gusts of wind from a HURRICANE!! jeez, just when you thought you were safe. I guess we can be considered blessed, the last time the remnants of a hurricane went through we just about drowned, this time, no rain. So we were a little bit lucky.

2 comments:

1384 n said...

wow! Glad I missed that one! Hope everyone is ok!

Nicole said...

Ho-Lee Cow. I didn't realize you guys got nailed like that. And I thought WE were supposed to get hit. All we got was a little rain.