Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My crazy life

Man, I hadn't realized it's been this long since I've posted anything on here. You'd think I was busy or something :) Let me just tell ya, engineering is a hard major. No wonder I almost flunked outta school my first semester in college. And yes, I actually did almost flunk out. I started out in civil engineering. I guess I should have stopped partying long enough to study and stuck with it, then I wouldn't be back in school when I'm 35!!!! Good grief. So, just so everyone knows, the house looks like a bomb went off, most days. Can't help it. If I'm home I'm doing homework, and not much else. Who'd a thought I'd be doing so much MATH!! All I do is MATH, I'm so incredibly sick of math. The worst part about this semester is that I have sucky professors. I mean really sucky professors. One is young, once he gets the hang of things, I think he will be good. We kinda lucked out getting him, he grades REALLY easy :) I talked to another guy in one of my grad classes and he got his undergrad degree at YSU and said there used to be a lot of good prof's there, then they retired. And now they can't find anyone else cause, who wants to move to Youngstown. Uh, yeah, he has a point. And what is with the lack of women in this field. In all my classes there are only, on average, 4 girls/women, in my classes. that is including me. I say girls cause they are at least 15 years younger than I am, adult they may be, but they are still young:) So that about covers my life right now. I have no time for anything other than school. Oh, yeah, and the 18 hours I'm still working a week at Target. ha. Running has even gone by the wayside. Although, part of that is due to a really crappy cold that turned into a lovely case of bronchitis. I love the Burgh, have I mentioned that before. I actually was able to get the Halloween decorations up, I'll have to post some pics, when I get time to take them :) Oh, yeah, this is going to be fun.

6 comments:

Marie' said...

Found it!
So, you are back in school? You are so brave. I am 36, and am so removed from reading anything worthwhile or meeting deadlines, that it is not even funny. "Direct brain cell donation to our kids" is what Sherry Gunn called it:)

Leah Miller said...

It sounds like you could use a good vacation. btw- I LOVE going to Target, but I guess I would get sick of it if I spent 18 hours a week there.

1384 n said...

I think if you can focus like that you are awesome! What happened to Nursing school? I see you as an engineer way better! but seriously what made you change? Might make me feel better about changing my goals so often.

Trixie said...

No nursing cause I can't stand the blood and grossness. Sean and I think I went through all the nursing stuff so we would know what he had to do to get in and whatnot:) The year in VA gave me a real clear idea of what i wanted to do.

Heather said...

My sister did Civil Engineering at BYU. Whoa, can she tell some stories about studying! I am amazed at anyone who can study engineering - any kind of engineering! Go Trixie!!

Heather B said...

You are truly amazing! How you juggle it all, I really don't know. Good luck, and take care.