Sunday, December 28, 2008

Project Number 500 million-gazillion :)

My sister wanted handmade grocery bags for Christmas. Not sure why handmade, when you can get them at most stores for $0.99. I'm guessing mine will last lots longer, other than that I can't see why. But I thought I'd try one, just to see what would happen.

The bag on the right is the one from the grocery store that cost me a dollar. The one on the left is the one that I made out of denim and canvas. I thouht it turned out pretty well. After I took the picture I found some cardboard, put 2 layers together and then put denim over it and put it in the bottom so the bottom was sturdy and square. I was going to make 2, but once again, I misjudged how long it would take me to make them and didn't leave myself enough time. oops. So, maybe she will get the other one for her birthday.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love the bag! I got mine at Trader Joe's in New Hampshire for 99cents each and they are sturdy, but yours are definitely more chic!