Sunday, December 14, 2008

Time to trim the tree

Since finals are now over we had time to decorate the tree so Sean put on the lights and the girls put on the decorations. While they did this tree, I put the lights on 2 of mine, didn't have time to decorate, but I'll get to that. And of course Abby was in the Christmas spirit :)I always love how when the girls decorate and most of the ornaments end up in one area.
While decorating the tree I remembered Christmas's from when I was little. I also was thinking about after reading my sister's blog and having a reminder of what we used to do. I remember one year we had a tree that was bigger around than it was tall. It was the ugliest tree, really it was, but we made it look beautiful, at least to a 5 year old it looked beautiful. We got it out of our back field and it was ours. If you remember last years post, I have at least 5 trees, all decorated, all with lights. I wonder all the time why I have a thing for Christmas trees. I think back to the few years when my dad wouldn't let us have a tree. We have no idea why, but he decided that we weren't going to have a tree and that was that and it went on for several years. Until we were older and got one of our own and he got mad. So maybe those years without a tree have caused me to hoard trees cause yet again this year I have 5 trees, 2 big ones, and 3 little ones.




2 comments:

AMC said...

So is that a picture of one of the "big" trees or one of the "little" trees? How could you - fake trees? Oh, the horror! :)~ I'm still trying to convince Rob that putting up a "Hanukkah Bush" doesn't make us any less Jewish. Lots of people do it!

Trixie said...

I can't afford 6 real trees! And since we no longer have access to all those great trees in the back yard, weeelllllllll. This would be one of the big ones, by the way.