Sunday, May 9, 2010

Interesting foods

Now that I have this wonderful food allergy eating has become quite the hassle. And I mean HASSLE!!! Sean is always worrying about what I've eaten. Sad to say, most nights, it's a bowl of ice cream for dinner. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but it's not exactly the most nutritious thing I could eat. but let me tell ya, it's such a PAIN finding stuff without wheat in it. This means I have to make pretty much everything, since most processed foods contain wheat. sigh. So, Sean being the awesome man that he is :) made me some great stuff. Above is a pot of millet. A corn tasting grain that has no relation to wheat, so yay, I can eat it!! And you cook it kinda like couscous, so, it's easy. at least for Sean it's easy!And this would be the veggie version of Mexican food. Black beans, tomatoes, peppers, green onions, and um, not sure what else. Add a little cumin, garlic, and chili pepper and we are good to go! So yummy! This is what it looks like when you put it all together. It was so good. He also made some Quinoa, which is a South American grain that is, again, like couscous, but SOOO much better for you. Anyway, he made it like rice pilaf. added squash, onions, celery, and carrots. tasty. So we had lots of leftovers that I was able to eat for almost a week. no hunting for food necessary :)And here are some more pics of my boy Rocco :) He's so dang cute. I'm glad his mom lets me steal him for a few hours every week! Funny boy, he likes to smile, UNTIL you pick up the camera, then he gets this blank stare on his face. lol. Sean had to make him smile while I had the camera so I could actually get a picture of him smiling! And he's happiest naked and chewing on his toes. It amazes me, the flexibility of babies!

No comments: