Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cats & more practicing

My life is really boring. I finished a 15 page paper on Saturday and have been reading books I enjoy ever since! I have a final on next Wednesday and then I'm done with school. Kinda. I haven't been able to get any results from a model I need to run for my thesis. Therefore, I will not be graduating in May, I will be graduating in August. I'm hoping to get some results tomorrow and then I'll be off and running an finishing up the last 2 chapters of the thesis. I'm kinda stalled since I don't have any results and have the first 3 chapters pretty much done, so I wait until I get some results. In the meantime... It's a wonder I have any clean cloths. The stupid cat seems to think that since they are clean, she can lay on them. grrrrrr. Of course I had to get a picture before I chased her off :)I take Riddick for a walk pretty early in the morning and am always impressed with the great lighting that our neighborhood gets. So I go around taking pics, trying to improve my picture taking skills. I managed to figure out that I needed to change more than one of the parameters on my camera before I try some of the things I wanted to try. So this is my attmept after changing a BUNCH of settings. I got the idea for macro pictures from Pioneer Woman, the link is on the right. love that blog!! I learn lots about how bad I am at photography from that one :) It rained the night before our walk so I tried to capture the raindrops on the leaves and the flowers. Some vape out better than others. This one is a little washed out, but it still looks kinda cool. Too bad I can't go back out and try it again, I think I know just how to fix it. The crappy part about these is that I tried several settings, AND checked the screne to see what they looked like. Even with the "see right now" feature I couddn't figure out if it was good or not. All I could tell is whether it was horrible or not. The random tulips in our yard, I think there are about 4 total. But they're pretty
And this would be the one of the Bleeding Heart bushes that the chipmunks haven't eating from the bottom up. Love this plant! As you can see, it looks kinda yellow, even though I was outside. Not sure why. Changed a few settings cause I did notice that on the screen on the camera, but when I changed various settings it came out all kinds of funky. will have to work on that.

1 comment:

Team Burtenshaw said...

Trix! I love your pics!...glad I finally made it to your blog, you are so talented. Good luck with the graduation thing, i know you have worked hard. ...bleeding hearts and tulips are on my fave list as well. :)