Sunday, September 25, 2011

Funny Fruit...AKA the Cucamelon!

We finished taking everything out of the garden yesterday. Actually Sean finished all that. We had taken out most of it 2 weekends ago, but wanted to see if some of the left over tomotoes would ripen. They didn't, so Sean pulled everything. And since he pulled everything, he picked the watermelon. It had grown a little bigger since we first found it, so we were hoping we'd get a little fresh watermelon at the end of the summer. uh, nope! This is what we encountered when Sean cut it open.  No pinkness to be found.
 And it smelled like a giant cucumber. Ugh. So this first picture was me trying to get the color of it. As you can see, one stripe of pink. And this second picture is me trying to not use the flash, but still get a good picture. My photography skills are suspect, let me just put it that way. And I'm not sure about the new set up for the blogger, cause I always have trouble putting my pictures where I want them. If anyone has any hints on that, let me know.

2 comments:

Heather said...

We have had cucalopes (canteloupe/cucumber mix) befoe. Weird how they mix sometimes!

Trixie said...

I remember you having the cucalope Heather :) Did you try yours? I can't remember that much. Cucumbers must just like to take over or something. I really would have liked a watermelon!