Saturday, September 17, 2011

Trip to Iowa

Awesome. I didn't realize I already had some of the pictures from Iowa uploaded. I think that was when the blasted thing was rebelling and wouldn't work for me. I must say, I'm not sure about this new blogger format. It does funny things with my pictures. but the pictures are a LOT easier to upload. 
Well, onto the trip to Iowa to see Sean's family. It started with a trip to the temple for a friends wedding. That we missed. Cause the battery in the truck died. grrrr. So we had to go get a new battery. Then the radio wouldn't work. at all. no cd, no radio. NOTHING. Try driving 10 hours without a radio. not. fun. But we got there. The first day there the family took the girls to the local swimming pool. Holy cow, the thing is more like a mini amusement park! While we went and finished setting up for the party.
Day 2, and of course it's HOT in Iowa. Actually july was hot everywhere, so it wasn't really a surprise. But the boys got out the Slip & Slide, racing version. And the youngest had to join. Meanwhile, all the older girls, from 10 to 15 were in the house.....on the computer. oy!

Grandpa had to show how to do fireworks in a can. I guess they aren't as good as they used to be cause it was a total dud. He tried it a couple times, but no luck.


We are all waiting in our nice clothes before heading over to the church for the part. The girls talking, nonstop. And me reading to the munchkin :) Imagine that?!

And the reason for our trip. To celebrate Sean's Mom & Dad's 50th wedding anniversary. The lovely couple at the table of honor.
After it was over Sean had Abby shave his head. He left it "long" for the party, but once it was over, he cut it off.

 

No comments: