Monday, October 28, 2013

quilts

A friend sent me an email the other day and it had an article from the 2013 Ensign   (LDS church magazine) and one of things she pointed out was a way of thinking that I might just have to consider. She said "okay, done with that, what can I do next?" in regards to preparing for our kids to be home. Last Christmas I made quilt for my nieces and nephew. I had lots of flannel left over, not to mention the flannel from the PJ's I had made for the girls and for my nieces & nephews on the other side of the family. Needless to say, I had a LOT left over. So I decided to make some quilts. Right now, I have 2 strip quilts with all the panels done, and one that I have sewn the panels to the borders. My goal is to have them for our kids when they get home. So I guess I started thinking along those lines of "what can I do next?" a while ago, just didn't want to admit it. I'm really screwed if we end up with 4 boys instead of 2 boys & 2 girls. HA. Today is a good day, I'm totally optimistic that we will get an email from our caseworker this week. When Friday rolls around, we'll see how optimistic I am. here's hoping.

No comments: