Thursday, October 10, 2013

Same stuff different day

Obviously, since I haven't posted since August, nothing exciting is going on in our lives. The girls started back to school. Abby is in 8th grade and Sabrina is a junior. Yikes!! Totally crazy. And within a month they will each be another year older. I'm feeling old, let me tell ya! On the adoption deal we haven't had much success. Actually 2 weeks ago we got the "thanks for your interest, but your family doesn't fit the needs of these children," email. And we got it 4 times. It's worse than a job rejection email. So we are still waiting. waiting. waiting. Have I ever said I'm not patient? like not at all. moving on. We got another call back from a worker about some kids we were interested in earlier this year. I thought the case worker had found another family for them, since we haven't heard anything since July, maybe August. They called our case worker yesterday. This whole process has really had a negative impact on my excitement response. I'm not excited that they called. I can't seem to work up the energy so that I can get shot down....again. So, we wait. I don't think I'll be getting excited until I'm on the plane or in the car to go pick up my kids. I'll let you know when that happens.

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a dreadful waiting game! We keep praying for you guys!