Friday, August 30, 2013

up, down, up, down, down, up

Which direction were we going again? Oh, right, we aren't going anywhere. At least not at the moment. I guess the case worker that was interested in us in Oregon isn't interested anymore. Haven't heard anything from that area in over a month. sigh. We thought we had a line on 3 kids about 2 hours from here. The case worker there is really interested in us, had a little confusion with how many kids we can have in our house. I wish I could have talked to her to tell her that at any given time we have 4 empty beds in our house, all made & ready to go. Most days we have 6 empty beds and just 4 days a month those extra 2 have someone in them. So I think we are good. Our case worker has been trying to get in touch with her the past week, well I guess now there is a bump in the road because the foster family has decided that they want the kids. oy, okay. I guess they didn't want them before, but now they do. whatever. can I just find my kids, PLEASE?!! There was an adoption celebration thing last weekend at the zoo that Sean and I went to, we finally met our case worker face to face. She's been great to work with over email, but we had never actually met her, so it was nice to finally put a face to the name and the emails. She is really great. She told us that Oregon was great to work with but they were also one of the slowest states to work with. great, just what I wanted to hear. So, we wait some more. Have I mentioned that I'm not a patient person?

1 comment:

Heather said...

I've been thinking a lot about you guys lately!! Here's to hoping something happens soon!!