Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I need some long distance help

Okay, I think I have finally gone off the deep end. I have agreed to do a TRIATHLON!!!! What the heck am I thinking:) Anyway. It's a 330 yard swim, 5K run, 11 mile bike ride, all to be done at the end of August. And I am unbelievably out of shape. I know, I know, me, out of shape? How is that possible? HA! Really quite easily actually. Well I need some long distance help to train for this thing. Any ideas? I wish ya'll were here to run with, then it'd be way easier. There are a bunch of us here that are going to do this thing, but their schedules are more felxible than mine, so I have to train by myself. ugh. Running just 2.5 miles is such a chore when there is no one to talk to or pace you. So who wants to train with me, long distance? Think that might work? We could compare notes:) I could bike with Kelli, maybe run with Dawn, ummmm, yeah, anyone do swimming? That part of the triathlon is going to kill me! And I think it's the first leg. I'm not even sure where I'm going to be able to get in swim shape. I think I've been in a pool a total of 5 times in the last 3 years. It's not like when I was coaching ball and could swim every other day, when we went to the hotels. Oh, yeah, that is going to hurt. Any help ya'll can provide would be great!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry, Trixie, the only help I can provide is prayer! I'm not a runner, biker, or swimmer. Good luck, though! I'm sure you'll get lots of advice from those of our friends who are much more fit to give such advice!

Nicole said...

Awesome Trixie! You know you can do it. Get our woman Kelli on the line and I"m sure she'll have an earful. Love you and Good LUCK!

The Keister Family said...

You go girl!! That is awesome. Sherry mentioned something about that grueling adventure. Larry is talking me into going to The Burgh for Labor Day weekend when the Steelers host a 5K run. Maybe I'll see you then! Congrats on your Calc class.

Dawn said...

Oh Trixie, I wish I could come run with you. I have been so bad about running while we moved to Boston. We look forward to getting back into the habbit of things. I am so excited for you oh and swimming would kill me too, good luck and we look forward to hearing about the triathlon.

Amy G. said...

you'll be great. i think i want to do a triathlon, but i'm pretty sure it's out of my league at this point in time. maybe i'll work up to it??