Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Classes have started

Ah, the joy of being in school. It's like I never left. Oh, wait, that's cause I haven't! Sean was griping about how easy it was for me to take classes, and as I was trying to calm his fears of taking ONE class, I realized, out of 15 years since high school, I have been in one class or another for EIGHT years! Okay, so that is more than HALF! Good grief, no wonder I am broke. And does that qualify as a professional student?! But, hopefully, this will be the last time and I will get the degree I want so I can do what I want. I can't wait to be done. So far, classes seem to be okay. One professor needs to go out and buy a personality somewhere, but I actually feel sorry for him, because I think it's mostly becuase he is very nervous and has no clue how to teach. oy. I actually picked up one more class, so I now have 15 credit hours, 4 undergrad classes and 1 graduate level. I found out from one of the professors that if I didn't have all the undergrad classes doen this semester there was no chance at all of getting a TA position for next semester. So, I'm taking all the undergrad classes at once to get them out of the way, on the off chance that there might be a TA position available in the spring. Pray that there is, I need it. For those that are wondering what a TA is, it's a teaching assistant and I would be teaching a class unrelated to the ones I would be taking. They'd probably be in the Environmental Science department or something. Who knows, I might even just be helping a proffesor grade papers. I could do that. The whole bummer part is that I have to drive an hour to and from class every day. I hate sitting in the car that long, and it's on a toll road most of the way. Which is good, and it's bad. I'll be done next December, I'll be done next December, I have to keep telling myself that, or I will go crazy!

1 comment:

Amy G. said...

seriously i am very impressed you're sticking with it! way to go! and next december will come and go and you'll wonder what you were worried about. i hope you have a great year!