Thursday, July 9, 2009

More boys & their toys



Sean will kill me for posting this, but I thought it was a great idea, so I thought I'd share :) We have a little box smoker for the grill. Nothing fancy, and it works, for the most part. However... when you want to smoke something correctly, it takes the ENTIRE tank of propane. Which means all grilling is done for a while. not fun.


So Sean got this idea that he could make a smoker out of an aluminum trash can that we had at the house. We don't use it for trash it was sitting around. He drilled some holes is the bottom for ventilation, then holes in the middle to put screws in to hold the grate. Worked pretty well, although the coals went out. He says because there wasn't enough ventilation, I say because he didn't let all of them get lit before he tried to spread them out.
After his experiment we used the coals to roast marshmallows for FHE. :) Sean seemed to think that you couldn't roast marshmellows over coals. I changed his mind.


No comments: