Thursday, July 9, 2009

Trip to the zoo

Last week we tried to go to the zoo o Thursday. We looked at the weather, was supposed to be okay. Clouds, but no rain. HAHAHAHAHHA. Never believe the weather people in the 'Burgh. Never. We were supposed to go with friends from church and were hoping it would stop raining by the time Abby got done with swim lessons. It didn't. So we couldn't go. On Friday there were no swim lessons. I called Natalie early to see if she wanted to try her luck, but she is going out of town for a month and had too much to do, so she passed. Meanwhile, it started raining. again. sigh. So I asked Abby if she still wanted to go, she said yeah, so I said "let's go!!" She said, it's still raining, I replied, "that's what they make umbrellas for!" So we went, and so did way too many other people. Jeez, what are people doing out in the rain. :)
The first pic, obviously, is an elephant. They have 4, one of which was born within the last year. Cutey. He was rolling around in the mud the entire time. The next one is of Abby in the Meerkat exhibit. They had a tunnel where you could pop up in the middle of the exhibit, right next to the meerkats. pretty cool. And the 3rd is the lion. He started roaring right after we left and we could hear him.

This is the termite mound outside the rhino exhibit. As you can see, it had stopped raining at this point. We each had our own umbrella, but Abby's was busted and I didn't know it when I grabbed it and brought it with us. Needless to say, it ended up in a trash can somewhere in the zoo. I don't think it actually stopped raining completely until after 4pm. We got home at 1. oy.
This poor guy paced the entire time. Not sure what he was wanting, but he didn't seem happy. I'd say he wanted in outta the rain, but I don't think that was the case :) On our way there we went right to the zoo, didn't get lost, had no problems. When we left, I immediately took a wrong turn and got us lost. I hate this place and their roads! What a pain. So we drove around for 15-20 minutes before I got us headed in the right direction. After I got the map out of the trunk so I knew which way to go.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that picture of Abby in the meerkat exhibit. She looks so excited! I'm glad you ventured out, even in the rain!

Niki said...

I love zoos! Rain be darned. Good for you. I'd love to hear what you're up to these days Trixie. Do you have the girls with you full time? Where are you and what are you doing? Wow, I'm just full of questions. :}
Niki

Nicole said...

looks like so much fun! And your photos are gorgeous! I love that one of the lion...National Geographic material.