Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Track Team




Here are a couple of the guys doing triple jump. We didn't have anyone doing high jump at this meet, so no pictures. The track team was a total blessing to my day. Looking forward to practice enabled me to get through the school day. The guys did really, and finished 4th in the state as a team. I had a couple fo the guys that I worked with on high jump get over 5'10, and 6'0". I had a couple of girls that went to regionals in 300 hurdles. I have no idea how I convinced 3 girls to run 300's, but they all did really well. I had 1 girl throw shot and discus, and did pretty well. The roster was an amazing thing, I think we started with 25 girls at the first week of practice. By the end of the year, I had 8, some were ineligble because of grades, others just stopped coming, and others, well, other things were more important. Who knows. But I got a great farmers tan, due to the significant amount of sunshine available at practice and the meets. I think there was only 1 cold meet, and I was lucky enough not to have to go to it!

No comments: