Friday, June 8, 2007

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL




YEAH!!! Today is the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOO. I'm not excited or nothing about this prospect. I think I have had an average of 3 students in all my classes. My 5th period decided to fill water balloons, not sure what for or who they were going to hit. One of the kids was tossing it to himself in class and managed to pop it off the ceiling and he got wet with his own balloon. It was classic. I'll have to find out what they did with the rest of them later. It's going to be a GREAT summer, cause I will be no where NEAR a high school!
I was so incredibly excited today, what a great day. The last one in a high school, EVER!!!! What was I thinking when I went back to teaching. I guess the blessing in the whole experience is that I know I never want to do that again. And, I do know what I would like to do when we get out of here. Aaaaahhhh. What a relief. I still have to go back next week, but I won't have any students, they are supposed to have final exams, but I had the foresight not to bother to have any. Therefore, no students!!! Most of my secretarial stuff is done, like grades, so I will be able to do whatever I want next week, like work on my rain garden, that my students didn't seem to take that big of an interest in. Imagine that. But it will be a great week next week. Can't wait, cause after that, well then it is only 2 weeks before we are back in Pittsburgh. Yeah.
I found out that the kids didn't do anything with the balloons, as of the last class of the day. One of the girls still had the balloon she filled up during class 5th period, but then one of the kids popped the balloon on himself and had wet pants when he left school. These kids are so bright.

No comments: