Friday, August 10, 2007

Peaches for me!

Today I finished up the 2 bushels of peaches that we got from a place in Ohio. Yesterday I went to a friends house and we canned the first bushel and I then had to take the girls home in the middle of the huge thunder storm. Anyway. The first thing I did was make some jam!!! Ooooh, nothing like homemade peach jam. yummy!! Abby didn't know we could make jam, she thought it just came in the jar from the store:) what is up with kids these days:) Abby was a great help, she peeled most of the peaches for me. I was able to make 12 pints of jam, it'll last a while! So now I have a grand total of 30 quarts of peaches canned. yeah. Now I don't have to pay for the stuff at the store. what a great thing.

Abby got ahold of the camera, you should see some of the great pictures of the floor I had on the camera. I really like the digital camera where I can delete anything that isn't worth keeping:) Anyway, thought ya'll would like to see proof of me slaving over the stove. I was so glad that the temperature finally broke and we could open the door and get a real breeze. The air conditioning was not keeping up with the heat output from the stove!
And this is my girl after she got bored peeling peaches and went to put on some dress up clothes. And in the background would be the peach jam. You should see the rest of the mess that I left in the kitchen. But that is a job for tomorrow!

No comments: