Sunday, October 14, 2007

Canning, again

I finally got around to canning the applesauce that I made from the apples that I picked 3 weeks ago with Abby. yummy, yummy. It took me 2 days to get the applesauce made, because I have actually been busy subbing. imagine that:) This would be stage one. I hate peeling apples. Abby helped me with about 2 apples:) She doesn't have the hang of it yet.
After I got everything peeled, cored, and cooked down, I got 6 whole quarts of applesauce. I might have had a little more if I wouldnt' have burned a bunch to the bottom of the pan. You should see the pan, I don't think the stuff is ever going to come off. ugh. Now I need to make some apple butter with the ones that are left. Yes, after 6 quarts of applesauce there are still apples left. And I plan on getting some more, MacIntosh make the best pies and apple butter, so I have to get them. somewhere, cheap!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Moon said...

Yum! I love homemade applesauce!

Carlene said...

Wow, that was work and here I was complaining about peaches in my blog.:)