Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pumpkin carvin'

Fun stuff goin' on here!! The girls have been bugging to carve their pumpkins for weeks. I got the pumpkins the first week in October, but because it was so blasted hot around here, we couldn't carve them or they'd rot REALLY fast. So to preserve the pumpkins we waited......and waited, and waited. Anyway. It has finally been cool enough that we could carve without fear of decay:)
As much as Sabrina loves carving, she hates cleaning out the pumpkin on order to carve it. Ha. I have great pictures of her cleaning the pumpkin, I'll have to post them later, the blog is giving me trouble and won't let me load them. :( Just because Sabrina doesn't like the gook, doesn't mean Abby's not game! Abby has no problem getting her hands yucky and cleaning out the seeds. I can't help thinking about "The Great Pumpkin" at a time like this. Especially the part where Lucy is carving her pumpkin and Linus is watching in agony, cause she is "killing" the pumpkin. I love that part.
While the girls where cutting the faces on the pumpkins they were pretending that they were doing surgery and the pumpkins has to anethesia, and the pumpkins were complaining because the girls were cutting them. HA, I had to laugh. I'll post the pictures of the pumpkins and Sabrina cleaning hers out when the blog gets over its issues:)

No comments: