Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ooooh, how pretty!

I went for a lovely walk around the park today. Mostly to see the leaves, partly cause I haven't gotten and real exercise in the past week. I figured a 5 mile walk would do for now. The crappy part about the walk was that there were very few areas that the trees looked awesome. This was one place, but it happened to be right in our driveway! Pretty, eh. But of course 'Burgh weather isn't nice to the scenery. At the park about 1/4 of the trees were already naked from the wind and rain that we have had over the past week. 1/4 of them are confused and think it's still summer cause it has been over 70, still, and they are still green. 1/4 of them are actually pretty, most are yellow, but there are some awesome reds and oranges. And the last 1/4 are pine trees, yes, evergreens that are always ugly:) So now you know what my walk around the park looked like today.
When I got back home I tried to capture the cool colors and feel of our back porch. Needless to say, this picture doesn't even come close!! Nicole, can you come be my photographer?! Or just tell me what kind of camera you use, cause mine sucks. Anyway. Our deck/porch (whatever you call it) is totally shaded and the leaves are awesome. I was sitting out there for lunch and noticed that it was kind of yellow because the light coming through the trees was bouncing of the red and yellow leaves. Really cool lighting. Like I said, I wish I could have captured it, so ya'll could see it. O well. I have to agree with Hobbes, from the cartoon I posted earlier, it looks like fireworks and I love watching it happen.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

trixie...thanks for the compliment! Your pictures are great...but yes, isn't it frustrating when you can't do your surroundings justice? I have been using a nikon d40x...love that camera. I'm switching my "gear" up though because I'm crazy and I'm already going through withdrawals.

Carlene said...

I miss it back there! Oh, and thanks for the comment in Spanish. Uh, it will take me awhile to decipher it. Hehehehe.