Sunday, January 25, 2009

Losing the last few teeth

Abby is not one for pain. She slowly pulls the band-aid off, hoping it won't hurt the longer she takes. She's not for getting things over quick. oy. She has had a loose tooth for weeks now. The other night she actually agreed to have Sean tie a string around the loose tooth and attach it to the door. Here is Sean leading her to the door.
Once he got it attached to the door he didn't close the door fast enough. So then Abby started whining that it hurt. Sean then took it upon himself to pull up on the string. And with a sucking 'pop the tooth was out. Here is Abby after the tooth was out. She actually still believes in the tooth fairy and was expecting money in the morning. She got a whole dollar:)


6 comments:

KP said...

Ugh, the tooth thing is pretty disgusting but the toothfairy, now that's cool!! Love you girlie!! You are awesome! Those little girls and that very nice husband are soooo lucky!

Andrew said...

Hello, Trixie. We have not yet met, but I am one of you Husband's oldest friends from St. Louis, MO. I have not seen Sean in a number of years, but am very excited to get an update from your blog. Hope to meet you soon.

Heather B said...

My Abby just lost her last tooth the other day--pulled it out herself because it was bothering her so much. yikes! I was never that brave, but I do remember having my dad tie the string to the doorknob. I don't think it worked for me, either!

1384 n said...

that's awesome! i like drying the tooth with tp and then just getting a good grip on it with tp and pulling it out. works for my kids. way to go abby!

Heidi said...

oh man...the memories of tooth-pulling days when I was little! Looks like fun at your house! Call or email me when you're coming to the temple. We'll do dinner or something fun.
heidi

Nicole said...

Oh, seriously...I don't know if I can handle the losing teeth thing...and I'm a dental hygienist!!