Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My new toy!

Monday we finally bit the bullet, joined the ranks and bought a new camera. Actually Sean said he just wanted me to stop whining about it :) We got a Nikon D40, thanks for the recommendation Nicole :) So I have been playing with the thing for the last couple of days trying to figure out all the bells and whistles. The lady that helped us out at Ritz was great and didn't sell us a bunch of crap we didn't need. And she was great with the 50 million questions that I asked her. The great part about digital is that I can see how screwed up my pictures are almost immediately :) And it takes pictures when I hit the button!!! WOOHOOO!! I've never been so excited about such a dumb thing. This means I've taken over 100 pic's in the last couple of days. ha. The great thing is, I deleted most of them! I've been pushing buttons and taking pictures to see what works.
Here Abby is helping me plant the garden. She kept asking why I was taking so many pictures. The great part is, I get a picture of what I want, not her looking at me like a dork cause the camera didn't take the picture when I wanted it to!

I found this great feature on the camera where it takes several pics one right after another. A wasp landed on the gate while I was pushing buttons and reading my manual. Yes, I've been reading the manual. There is no way I'll be able to get that thing to work if I don't read! Anyway, I got several pictures of the wasp, they actually go in order as he walks around in a circle. Totally psyched about that. Wish I had had this when i was coaching, then I'd have actually gotten the kids doing their events instead of the track or the board, or whatever wasn't them!



2 comments:

Leah Miller said...

That is so great you have a new camera!!!! I wish I knew how to use mine better. I discovered if I take 100 pictures then 1 will turn out. That is how good I am!! haha.

Eva McGann said...

Wow Trixie you and I are A LOT a like. I also love taking pictures and got a digital camera a few years ago and I too read the manual to figure out all the bells and whistles. I saw your pics of Cape Hatteras which is our favorite vacation spot and we will be spending a week there this summer. Finally I also have a blog and am a fanatical blogger. I then publish my blog into a scrapbook for the family. Have you done much family history work? That is my other passion. I am going to add you to my blog list and follow you. It looks like you blog quite a bit and I love to read blogs.