Sunday, July 15, 2007

All the boxes are HERE!!

What a fun weekend I had. I should have taken pictures but I didn't feel the need to bother. We finally have all our stuff out of Williamsburg. The small pile of leftover, for lack of a better word, crap, is now safely ensconced in the garage of the house. I left here at 9am Friday morning, took a lovely, though bouncy ride, to Williamsburg. If anyone has ever driven a pickup truck with an empty trailer behind it you know exactly what I mean when I say BOUNCY! Anyway. So I got there at 5, luckily there was no major traffic delays, although I think everyone in the northern United States was headed to Va Beach this Friday and getting off I95 to 295 was kinda slow, as was 295 to I 64. I was not a happy camper, but I have to say, we were moving which is an improvement from our first trip north when we were standing outside the cars. After arriving in Williamsburg I proceded to the Jones house, where Mike, his brother Josh, and their dad loaded up the trailer for me. Folks, the trailer wasn't even half full, does this day something about the need for downsizing??!!! Which, by the way, I have been doing with a vengence. Everything would probably fit in the original truck now, should have thought of that before I guess. Anyway. After loading up the trailer I went to stay at Harriett Sarendarian's house for the night. I was very grateful for the oppurtunity not to have to sit any longer. I was up at 7 am on Saturday, it took 20 minutes to back the trailer out of the drive, not fun, and I was on my way. I was only slowed down once for an accident on the sid eof the road, so I made really good time. And since the trailer was loaded it wasn't nearly as bouncy as the trip down. Everytime we have gone north it seems that traffic is nowhere near as bad as if you are going south. Hmmm, I wonder why?! I arrived at the house at 3 pm, Sean was still at work, so I unloaded the trailer by myself. no big deal, as I said, it wasn't even full. We then took the trailer back ( Sean was home by this time) and didn't have to pay as much for the trailer, because I didn't have it for 2 full days. There are some bonuses to being crazy and being on the road 14 hours out of 30! I'm so glad we are not going to be going anywhere for at least 2 years. I'm sooooo sick of moving. And I think I'm going to be downsizing even more in the future. I can't believe I have accumulated so much STUFF!!!!

No comments: