Monday, July 2, 2007

Trip to Pittsburgh

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we have made it!!! What a horrible trip. It was the worst move I have ever been a part of. Many thanks for the great guys from both wards that helped us load and unload the truck. Daren Janis is an amazing packer!!! He crammed stuff in our truck that I did not think would fit!!! Despite our best efforts we had to leave some of our stuff with our friend Mike. Don't know what we would have done without that offer. Now I just have to go get it next week. yuck. but it will be a quick easy trip, the trailer won't even be completely full. Anyway. The trip itself took 12 hours by the time we got home. We left at 10 am after the inspector got to the townhouse late.We could only go 55 mph due to the lack of power and the large load Sean was driving. Anytime he went to fast the truck shimmied and shook and once he even thought he was about to tip over. Angels were holding it up. . We got stuck outside of Breezewood, PA for about 2 hours. Parking lot, we were standing outside the truck. Not fun. So much for being in Pittsburgh by 7pm. Nothing like eating dinner at some rest stop on the road, we could have had a 8 course meal for the price we paid at that rest stop. Someone is running a racket!! But we made to Pittsburgh by 10:30, or something close to that. We were all beat. Luckily there was one bed Sean and I could sleep in. The girls slept on a mattress we threw on the floor. They were asleep on 5 minutes, and we left them in their clothes, and they didn't have a bath. What an experience. I'm so glad it over, I'm hoping we don't have to do that again for at least 2 years. Pray I can get into Pitt and then we can stay were we are. I'll have more updates later. The girls and I had a blast our last week in Williamsburg and I have great pictures that I have to show you all.

No comments: