Sunday, July 8, 2007

Akron Rib cook off



Sean, Abby and I went to visit my sister Candy, in Akron on Friday. My mom had flown in from California and we were going to the rib cook off in downtown Akron for dinner. If anyone knows anything about downtown Akron, well, we were in for a treat:) From what my brother-in-law Gregg says, the rib cook off used to be big time, huge, lots of people cooking, lots of other stuff to do, and cheap food. Things have changed. It's shrunk considerably from what it used to be and there were only 6 rib places that where there. While we didn't have a lot to chose from the choices we did have were kinda scary. There were a couple places from Texas, some from South Carolina, and one from Ohio that said they made South Carolina bbq, go figure. Sean and I picked 2 places and shared ours, and the place I got mine from was better:) Oh, yeah, and it was by no means cheap!!

This picture is of Sean, Abby, and my nephew Robert AKA Bobby. It was the only picture I managed to take while we there cause I forgot the camera in the car. typical. We usually get a picture of Mom, Candy and I, but we didn't manage this time. Maybe next trip.

No comments: