Sunday, September 30, 2007

Apple picking

Yesterday I crashed the young women's activity:) Abby and I had so much fun. Before we moved to Va I was in young women loved doing activities with them and just being around them. I miss that now that Sean and I are the activities chair people. So when I heard they were going to pick apples I had to come along. It helped that Abby and I never got to go pick peaches, so we went for apples instead.
The farm we went to was about an hour south of Pittsburgh. Great place. It took about an hour to fill our bags with awesome apples. The branches (with apples) were close enough to the ground that Abby had no problems picking nice big ones. Luckily she only ate one while we were there. Otherwise I think she might have gotten sick. The bummer part was that we thought we would be able to pick whatvere we wanted. My FAVORITE apples are Macintosh, we couldn't pick those:( So I had to settle for golden delicious. Not bad when they come right off the tree. And they make great applesauce to, cause I have already made a batch of that!
After we got done picking we went on the "nature trail" hike. Yeah right, it was more of a ropes course. The had these tires to climb, logs to cross, a wall to climb. I stood and watched and took pictures. Then the girls got me to get on the tire swing. I was the last one on, because I was not going to go at all, but somehow got pressured into getting on. So one of the girls took a picture as proof that I was on this tire swing. They tried to spin me, but I had to put a stop to that, it would not have had a pretty ending!

1 comment:

Amy G. said...

i miss picking fresh fruit! i don't think they do that here. the tire swing looks scary..uh, i mean fun!