Friday, June 12, 2009

Audubon Nature Reserve

The first official day of summer (as the girls kept reminding me) we went to the Nature Reserve that is near us. I was really surprised, cause I had no idea it was even there. And I'm supposed to be the environmental freak. O well. Both girls had a camera and were snap happy :) They were taking pictures of all the flowers. The funniest thing was when we encountered birds or chipmunks or dragon flies, they didn't think to take a picture. ha.
A little area in the forest. I thought it was pretty cool cause it was shady and the sun was coming down in this one area through the trees.
Our first snack break. The girls picked the long trail. Not sure why, but they did. About half way through Abby was ready to be done. They picked this log to sit on and eat their snacks that we brought with us.

The second snack stop was at a part of the trail that's called the tree topper. The reason is because it's in the canopy and you are about 15 or 20 feet off the ground. Pretty cool. The girls decided to do a "spit test." Uh, I have no idea, that's what Sabrina called it and then proceeded to spit over the edge. Never said these 2 were a bunch of sissy's. :)

Abby on the trail. It was a really nice trail, well maintained. We didn't see much, I'm thinking mostly cause the girls were talking. THE ENTIRE TIME! Closer to the end they were more quiet, I'm thinking that was just cause they were tired. The middle part of the trail was uphill for a ways. nice.
At the end there is a nice little pond. The girls stopped and looked at some of their pictures before we left. Abby was grateful for the chance to sit down. She was really tired afterwards.
After the pond we went through a small meadow that had lots of dragon flies in it. They were sitting on this fence. One more reason to be grateful for my new camera. I got these pics right before the dragonflies took off.



Really cool place to go. And it's free. Nothing better :) Next time I'll have better directions to, so it won't take as long to get there and I won't be mad on the way.

1 comment:

1384 n said...

you guys are always up to FUN! So fun!