Tuesday, June 2, 2009

more playing with my new toy

If you don't like to look at flower pictures, stop now :) I went out in our yard to try and figure out some more about my camera. I was trying to get the flowers to really "pop." I'm not sure how successful I was. I took the same picture at least 4 times at each flower. I might have gotten a better shot, but cause the thumbnail is so small when posting, these might not be the best one. I had to kinda guess if it was the one I wanted or not. I changed all the settings, some of the settings, turned the flash on, turned it off. had a blast. The neighbors probably think I'm a total freak.
I was also working on getting the background to fade out. The 'bokeh" to be precise. A fancy word for the faded out background that I got from my friends that are a little more serious about photography than me :)
This is my fave, got it after about 6 tries. I got to were I was changing the setting one little notch at a time and taking the picture.
When I got my camera they told me to sign up for classes at the camera place. I'm thinking, "oh yeah, need all the help I can get, especially since they are free!" Called to get into a class. They're full. until July. Just my luck. I guess I'm going to have to figure stuff on my own until I can get into the class.



1 comment:

Eva McGann said...

I am a photo taking freak like you are. However I don't know how to make a background fade out. You will have to let me know how you did it.