Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Dicken's Village

STAGE ONEI was feeling the Christmas spirit again today and decided I needed to decorate. My mother-in-law has this awesome set of Dickens Village houses. Hope you don't mind mom, but I set them up this year. First I had to remove all the jars and antiques stuff from on top of the cupboards.
STAGE TWO

Since there is a lip on the cupboards I had to figure out a way to make the houses stand up aso we could see them. Sean doubted my abilities:) So I used a bunch of books that happened to be the perfect height and wrapped them in foil so they wouldn't get ruined on top of the cupboards.

STAGE THREE

Unpacking all the stuff!! I was like a kid in the candy shop! I had so much fun finding all the cool people and the great buildings. And me being the perfectionist that I am, I had to set them all out before they got anywhere near the top, so I could figure out exactly where they would go.

STAGE FOUR

Starting to put the buildings up. They had to be just right. I moved them at least 5 times:) And then, I thought I had them all up on top, I turn around and there is the Music store. AURGH. So I had to move them, no biggy, it was fun:)

THE FINISHED PRODUCT!

My camera sucks so you can't get the whole affect thing going on. It looks awesome. All the buildings have lights in them and I added a string of miny lights around the village. I also have greenery in the back. The funny part is, I have it all plugged in on top of the cupboards and the extension cord is wound around behind the microwave. Uh, yeah, so I'm not sure when the lights are going off! I will have to climb on a chair to turn everything off. Hmmm, maybe this wasn't such a cool idea:)

I'll have to post pictures of Scrooge and the ghosts, cause we have them to. I've put them in the village, somewhere:)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

ANd I love this! I bet it looks so cool at night with the other lights dimmed. I LOVE Christmas lights. Just makes the "mood" so nice and peaceful! Thanks for the pics!

Elizabeth Moon said...

Beautiful! Good job, I am always so impressed with perfectionists that get it just right.

Dawn said...

Great job, and way to go on proving Sean wrong. I bet it is really cool at night too.