Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ward Activity

I thought I had come up with an awesomely cool activity for the middle/end of November. Uh, nope, not quite. Our ward gathered up all this stuff to send to our service men and women. We got the names from the people in the ward, so that it would be alittle more personal. Everone was sooo generous with all the things we needed to put in the care packages. We had more than enough. However, the above picture would be the extent of the people that showed up to the activity. Mind you, there are over 200 people in our ward. Only about 30 showed up. Thanks. Okay, so I'm probably PMSing and a little bitter, but still. We were able to make 15 great care packages for our service people, with lots left over.
Tomorrow after church we are going to have to have cake. Nothing like desert before dinner to get the kids good and wound up, but I have 2 HUGE sheet cakes that I bought cause I thought people might actually show. AAARGH! That is what they get for not coming to the activity, their kids are going to be outta control:)~ Besides venting..... I was wondering if anyone knew of any service men and women overseas that would appreciate a care package. Like I said, the ward came through on the goodies, we have LOTS and LOTS!!!! I'll stop venting now:)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hey! Mindy from our ward's husband is overseas....and she said he has been distributing stuff to other guys who need it. The YW were planning an activity like that when I was still in there, but if it's not in the works anymore, I"ll get you his address.