Friday, July 25, 2008

Environmental Engineering

News on the class front. Sometimes I get so frustrated by the crappy bureaucracy that is the college scene. I have been talking to one of the professors at Youngstown State trying to figure out what is going on with my application. Mind you, I sent everything in in FEBRUARY!!! And haven't heard a thing from them. Granted, part of this is my own fault for waiting until June to call. But, I was busy. Anyway. I called them and they couldn't find my USU transcripts. Uh, I had them sent. Actually, after I called USU, they said they had sent them. So, somewhere in mail-land my transcripts are sitting. Meanwhile, YSU NEVER sent me a letter saying anything was missing. And I know that I put on my application that I was planning on attending in the fall. Uh, doesn't that mean I need to have everything in. uh, yeah. So, I had USU send a transcript asap and YSU has it. After they FINALLY got everything, they took over 2 weeks to look at my transcripts in the grad office! Before sending it to the engineering office. Why, you ask? Who the heck KNOWS!!!! But the engineering department finally got it. Then the really good news. The professor finally got to read the transcripts and recommended conditional admission for the graduate program. Conditional that I take FOUR classes. Yes, count them, not 1, but FOUR!!!!!!! I was kinda mad when I found that out. I knew about the calculus classes, hence the 3 that I have already finished. But not the other 3! If I would have known about them, I could have worked on them this past year while I was working on the calculus. I thought I would be going in this semester with only 1 undergraduate class to take. Now I have to finish 4!. So that puts me behind an entire semester. Lovely. I'm not sure what the summer session has, in regards to classes. But hopefully I will be able to take a full load next summer and be done. I'm planning on taking 2 grad classes this fall, with 3 or 4 of the other classes that I have to take. yes, that would be 15 -18 credit hours. I think I can do that, I carried that many and played basketball when I got my bachelors degree. So we'll see. For now, I wait. I just finished Calc 3 last night. YAY!! I am so glad that class is over! I think I did okay on the final. I needed a 90% to get an A in the class, but i didn't study enough, I don't think. The test seemed really easy though. I'm not sure if it's cause I didn't know what I was doing, or if it was cause it was that easy. I'll find out next week when the grades are posted.

No comments: