Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My garden, it is a'growin'

All the hot, wet yucky weather has been great for the tomato, pepper and green bean plants.
The tomtoes have shot up pretty high. I'm going to have to put netting on the top so that the deer won't eat them.
My beans were taking over the one end and covering up my pepper plants, so I had to put a string up so the peppers could get some sunshine. We aren't going to get enough beans to can, which is a bummer. One of my friends from church knows a farm we can go to that sells green beans for $10 a bushel. I think I'll be going when they are ready! This is just one of the squash plants!! I have about 3 more buckets that look just like this, half have zucchini in them. I don't think we'll have a shortage of squash and zucchini!
This is one of my radishes. As you can see, it's ALL leaves. Only a few actually had bulbs on them. Most of them looked like this one. I don't know what I did wrong. My onions didn't do so well either, not sure what is going on. Here is what most of the radishes look like. Sad, I know. They were even starting to go to seed. What a waste.

1 comment:

Niki said...

That happened to my beets one year when I tried a container garden! All leaves, no beet. Let me know if you find the solution. However the rest of your garden looks lovely!