Friday, July 25, 2008

Would you want to buy this?

Ya'll know of my obsession with this handbag. I started making another one today, it's almost finished. I forgot that I didn't have the rings for the handle when I started, but figured I could sew everything else, hence the lack of picture. But, the main thing I want to know is.... would ya'll buy this thing?! Say for $30 or $40? Or is that too much? Too little? Opinions people, I need your opinions!
There is one thing about this that I am thinking of improving. There are no pockets on the inside. Nowhere to put pens, change, or those other little things that we girls sometimes need to have. So I was thinking of putting in some little pockets. Would that make it more marketable? Should I bother?
I have a gazillion ideas for these suckers! I went through my containers with all my fabric in them and came up with at least 5 more bags. Okay, people, I really don't need 5 more bags! But! If I could sell them, well, then, I could finance my addiction:) Right?! So, what do you think? I have some free time on my hands now that class is over, at least for the next 4 weeks. So I could get some bags done in that time. The only real expense is the rings for the handle, oh, and the cord for the handle. I really don't spend much on fabric because I use scraps of stuff I have and stuff I've had for years and never used. But, if I could sell them, I could look at expanding my collection of fabric and ribbon. Oh, Sean would be thrilled with that. Well, let me know!! How much would you spend, and would pockets inside make it worth your money?

5 comments:

Heather said...

I've got to have pockets in my bags and purse; it keeps me organized. Thirty or forty would probably be too much, at least to start with. If they get really trendy, then yeah, drive up the prices, right? Maybe start with ten or fifteen? Even twenty? I guess it depends on where you sell them and who your clients are.

Heather B said...

Definitely add the pockets! Maybe even a ring to attach your keys--but definitely a cell phone pocket! I never pay more than $20 for a bag, so I'm probably not the one to ask about price. Good luck, and good on ya for using up your fabric :)

1384 n said...

way cute! I think you should make them a perfect size for scriptures! I searched for months for a scripture bag that was not mass produced and was big enough for my scriptures and the Sunday school manual etc. I found one but it's kinda boring. Could you fix that for me? I want a leopard print one!

Trixie said...

Janene, what do you think I make so many of them for?! You would not believe how much stuff you can fit in them for church and of course, I have to have a different one for the seasons:) If you look closely at the brown one, you'll see that it has pink leapord print on the inside:)

1384 n said...

Had to make another comment. My friend down the street has started making bags and they are selling faster than she can make them. She takes old jeans or camo pants and cuts them off just under the crotch and sews them up, lines them, and then uses a belt for a strap. They are way cute too! Thought it might be an idea for you to add to your already fabulous ideas. I got your message about the pink leopard print..sorry but pink is just not for red heads. If I find fabric I'll send it to you. I would love a scripture tote...but i'm kinda particular about my leopard print. I've been looking for a while so having you make me one will probably get me what I want faster. I'm excited!