Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Broken shut off valve

You know when you are laying in bed at night and things keep rolling through your head?! I can't seem to get it to STOP!!! What the heck? For at least the last week I have been up until crazy hours in the morning cause my brain won't SHUT OFF!!!! And I can't find the switch. Some things that keep going through my head are things that I said, oh 10 years ago. Uh, yeah, done and over and I'm sure everyone has forgotten about it but ME!! I've been thinking about stuff that I have said to people at church, wondering if they think I'm crazy, or better yet, know I'm crazy. Sometimes I think about stuff that happened in 6th grade, or 10th grade, or, or, or , you get the picture. Then I start thinking about the things I have to do the next day. Although I can usually quiet those things by writing them down, which is why I have a notebook beside my bed. Eventually I get so tired that I fall asleep in the middle of a thought, luckily. But this is killing me. I had a friend tell me today that I looked tired. Uh, yeah, cause I can't seem to GO TO SLEEP!!! And then the dog wakes me up at 6 to go to the bathroom and then the cat wakes me up at 7 cause he wants in the house. I'm ready to shoot both the animals, just cause they won't let me sleep. I guess one thing is good, I go to bed early because it is taking me forever to get to sleep and Sean isn't waking me up when he gets home. Although there have been nights when I have been up to greet him, at midnight. oh, this has got to stop. Yes, you can all laugh at me, cause I am laughing at myself. Maybe that's the craziness setting in from lack of sleep. oy. Any suggestions as to the location of the shut off valve? and I really hate chamomile tea, so don't even go there:)

4 comments:

Amy G. said...

the only solution i know of is a handful of rowdy, active children who wear you out to where the second you stop the eyes roll to the back of your head and that's the end of it...until they decide to end your peaceful lull...in the middle of the night...one painful hour at a time!
maybe this isn't the most desirable solution :)

Trixie said...

One of these maybe I'll be lucky enough to be that tired, until then. hmmmm. i'm sure someone might let me borrow theirs for a while, think that would work?! :)

Amy G. said...

how soon can you be on a plane to arizona??? ;)

Heather said...

I've had nights like those! Try avoiding any TV or books for a good hour before bedtime. Just take a hot bath and think all those things out there and then let them drain out the tub with the bathwater! Maybe?