Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More Molly Mormon:)

Strawberry time in the north. I hate having to wait so long, but it's soooo worth it! I took the girls with me, but forgot the camera!! Duh. They did a great job helping me, but were soon ready to go home. I didn't realize how much I got until I went to pay for them. Oh, yeah:) I just remember how much we used to pick when I was a kid, and that almost got me into trouble! 30 lbs of strawberries later........ I LOVE strawberry jam. I better cause I made A LOT!!! I smashed a large, large number strawberries. Yesterday I made 17 half pints and 8 pints. Today I made 6 pints of strawberry rhubarb jam. Yum. I had one batch that didn't quite set up, I'm hoping that they will by this weekend. If not I'm going to have to cook that batch again.
I also put 8 quarts in the freezer. Which will last a little while:) I love to make a dish called "strawberries and biscuits." We used to eat it all the time when we were younger. Warm biscuits, then strawberries, then milk. YES, it's really good. Sean and Abby love it, Sabrina is weird and doesn't like it. I don't know how she couldn't:)

2 comments:

The Keister Family said...

I don't call it "Molly Mormon". I call it impressive and smart. I always want to do a project like that, but I don't get around to doing it. Besides, homemade strawberry jam is THE BEST! Do you ever sit down between all of your activities and training for the triathlon?

Amy G. said...

I agree, you are one busy girl! And it looks like you've got a little extra jam on your hands...sure wish I could help you out there!