Sunday, June 8, 2008

More garden progress

Look!!! The beans are growing! I'm hoping i didn't put too many in there and that they are too close together. If they all have blossoms and produce beans, I should be able to can a lot of them for the year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The radishes are behind the beans. Can't wait until they are large enough to eat. Right now, they're not so big. The tomatoes I planted are still struggling. They are only about a 1/2 inch out of the ground. A friend of mine grows lots of tomato plants in many varieties and gave us a few plants. So we should have some to put in salsa and spaghetti sauce. I'm letting the ones I started go, and see how they do. Same thing happened with the Green peppers. I had to get some bigger plants at the nursery so we would have some peppers by the end of the summer.
Here are the squash and zucchini. I had to start all over with most of them. Only 2 survived the frosty days. O well. Looks like I should have plenty to put in the freezer. Friends of ours were getting rid of their chest freezer and wanted to know if we wanted it. Heck yeah!! So now we have somewhere to put all of this great food.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

You are amazing! The garden and your yard look great. Keep up the great work, I love living my garden dreams through you, or at least while in an apartment.