Friday, June 6, 2008

Progress on the project

10 cubic yards of mulch came today. So that means I could finish the flower beds in the front of the house. This is part of one side, I'm hoping the Hosta's in front won't get eaten by the deer. Our neighbors aren't having any luck with theirs. The shorter flowers are Begonia's. They've done really well since we put them in the ground and I'm hoping they bloom all summer. The other side of the sidewalk. This side has Impatiens and Begonia's and some other cool looking perennials. I have no idea what their names are, there are 2 kinds, and they looked cool, liked the shade, and wouldn't take over, so I got them.
Don't know if you can see the Bleeding heart bushes, but they have improved. Hopefully next year they will grow some more branches and be much fuller. They look kinda sad right now.
This poor guy was on the sidewalk while I was walking the dog. He's still alive, I don't know for how much longer. I think his wing is busted and he can't fly. So I picked him up and he rode all the way home on my finger. Then I put him on a flower, I hope the cat doesn't think he's fun to play with.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good luck with the garden! I forgot to mention that impatiens adore shade and they bloom and spread all over the place! And best of all, even a non-green-thumb like myself can grow them!